Before you connect with an event, get to know these
Global Relay For Life countries!
Relay For Life in Australia
Relay For Life began in Australia in 1999 when the Victorian community of Murrumbeena raised over $75,000 for Cancer Council. Relays are now held in every Australian State and Territory, with more than 134,000 participants raising over $24 million each year. Every dollar raised goes towards funding Cancer Council’s vital research, prevention and support programs, many of which help people in your community every day. Learn more about Relay For Life in Australia by clicking here.
Relay For Life in New Zealand
The Cancer Society’s first Relay For Life was held in Palmerston North in 2001. It was a great success, and other communities around the country soon followed. Year after year, people of all ages and backgrounds take part in Relay For Life. Teams come from local businesses, clubs, families/whānau, friends, hospitals, marae, schools, churches and service organisations.
Want to connect with a Relay For Life event
in Australia or New Zealand?
Before you post, be sure to select the appropriate country from the navigation bar on the right-hand side of your screen below. Create a new post, and be sure to include the date of your event MM/DD/YYYY as the title of your post and include the following information:
- Your name
- Event name
- Event location (including country)
- Event date
- E-mail information
What happens then?
Once you choose your twin, you are free to contact them directly, using the information they provided. This program is meant to be volunteer to volunteer - local event to local event.
What you make of your relationship is up to you! You can share stories, share successes, send motivating messages back and forth, get your local media involved, share event t-shirts, and more! The sky is the limit. Be sure to come back here and share your story on our Global Relay For Life Track Blog.
Global Relay For Life Sister Relay Guidelines -
- A Sister Relay relationship should only be entered into if both parties are willing to communicate regularly and timely.
- This site is a self-service site and therefore any connections are done at-will.
- Any contact information on this site should only be used for Sister Relay purposes. Please do not use it for supply requests, general inquiries, or other questions. You can contact email@example.com for those requests.
- To be fair to all Relay events, we ask that each event only make one Sister Relay connection. Please do not attempt to pair with multiple events.
- Each sister Relay connection may be different - some may involve mutual coaching, Skype connections to meetings or events, or even sharing Luminaria or t-shirts. Please do what feels comfortable, right, and appropriate for your connection.